PERMA specializes in providing risk management services to establish and manage sophisticated risk pools and self insurance programs. PERMA is recognized for its leadership and innovation, including:
- The first municipal joint insurance fund (JIF) for property/casualty in New Jersey, and one of the earliest in the country: Since 1985, this program has saved the taxpayers over $1 billion. The Municipal Excess Liability Joint Insurance Fund (MEL) and its affiliated JIFs have an annual budget of $185 million and retain a statutory surplus of $110 million.
- The first benefits JIF program in New Jersey: Since 1992, this program has saved the taxpayers over $125 million. Today, PERMA's public entity clients provide benefits for over 165,000 individuals.
- The first JIF program for New Jersey counties: The New Jersey Counties Excess Liability Joint Insurance Fund (CEL) started offering broad property/casualty coverage effective March 1, 2010.
- An environmental liability JIF: This program, known as the E-JIF, provides PERMA's public entity clients with the most comprehensive environmental coverage in the country.
- A safety institute that trains over 30,000 workers each year in a wide range of risk control topics
While risk pools and self-insurance are cost effective, they require effective management. Our team includes underwriters, claim supervisors, accountants and systems experts who manage the day to day operations of these programs. For example:
- Our benefits consultants are experienced in helping clients work with employees and bargaining units to reduce costs by redesigning benefit plans.
- Our benefits operations personnel are especially effective in helping clients transition their employees to new plans and benefit designs.
- Our safety division, J. A. Montgomery Risk Control, develops and implements complete programs that have reduced the accident rates for our long-term clients by over 50%.
- Our claims supervisors provide a true independent oversight of the claims function because we are not affiliated with any claims service company.
- Our systems specialists are skilled at developing customized monitoring reports that mine TPA data for trends.
- Our financial data management unit is managed by a CPA who provides our clients with complete accounting services, including the monthly general ledger entries.
When you retain PERMA, we assume the administrative burden so you can concentrate on your regular business.
PERMA is an affilliate of Conner Strong & Buckelew, a leading insurance, risk management and employee benefits brokerage and consulting firm.